Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Google Airs "It Gets Better" Commercial

We all know the "It Gets Better" Project has gotten so large that it has taken on a life of its own. Now, Google is adding it's contribution in the form of a minute and a half commercial airing on national television...and guess what?.....Our family got to be in it!!!!

It's a very small snippet and if you blink at the wrong time you will miss us but we are there at the 0:53 mark. Yaaayy!!! My husband Jay was bursting at the seems to tell everyone but we had signed a confidentiality agreement and so, could not say a word until it aired....AND...even though they used the video that we had uploaded to Youtube, we were still required to join the screen actors guild...lol.

On a more serious note we are grateful that Google took on this project and furthermore that it is airing during a show like Glee...which not only  made Jay squeel with delight...but will likely reach tons of kids who may need to know about the project. We are very gratefull to have been included both in the commercial and that It Gets Better Project itself. Check out the commercial and see if you recognize anyone...

9 comments:

  1. HOW AWESOME AND GREAT A WAY TO REACH OTHERS!!!!! IT DOES GET BETTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as a show goes to commercials I hit the Mute button but I heard Dan Savage's voice and held my finger. Then discovered it was a spot about It Gets Better - and I spotted you guys! It was so cool seeing that Google spot. I teared up. I couldn't quite believe it. With all the professional haters out there making a living off trashing the gays, here was a big company saying different. I didn't know about it till it came on during Glee.

    You had to join SAG? That mean you get residuals? Hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really watch glee, but friends of mine do, and I like the music sometimes, so we were watching it and I saw you guys!! I jumped up and said "I recognize that family, I follow their blog!"
    This is so cool! I didn't know there was going to be a commerical like that! AWSOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bryan
    I live in NZ & as far as I know we dont get Glee (unless it is on Sky which I dont get) so was guttered that I was not going to see this Ad until I saw Jay had posted & I went YAHOO...lol
    it was so wonderful that you, jay and the kids was featured on the GOOGLE ad ... I was soooo surprised & happy for U and the 'Íts gets better' campaign so congrats on the fame it may bring...lol everyone deserves to see you and your wonderful family...just wish the was a bit lonnnnnnnnger lol
    ONCE AGAIN CONGRATS

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I just watched the Google Chrome ad that play during Glee and saw you and your family! Joe My God has posted the video and that's where I saw it. Congrats to all of you for being part of that and thank you for all that you do to spread a positive message about gay families.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on making it into the add, I don't watch glee (normally ether working or catching up on my recording of NBC Nightly news on my DVR) but I'm glad you posted the video, and so glad to see such a big company being so supportive!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuppi!!!! The Leffews get really big and famous! I'm so happy for you guys, 'cause you four, you really deserve to be on any show, worldwide. :)
    (Hmmm, maybe I should do more in the Internet. It's what we make of it, right? *smile*)
    God bless,
    Arty

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's also playing in other not-Glee programmes, including sports! Have you seen this? http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2011/05/07/google-chrome-it-gets-better-espn
    (I'm fairly sure I also saw it air during Colbert last week)

    ReplyDelete